This content has been archived. It may no longer be relevant
The Portland Revenue Division has updated the format of the Portland Business License. For this reason, all drivers are required to provide Lyft a new Portland Business License number. To get your new Portland Business License, you must first create a new log in following the steps outlines below. If at any time you have issues with the following steps, please contact thePortland Revenue Bureaudirectly.
Portland Revenue Bureau (503) 823-5157 available Monday – Thursday: 9-11:30am / 1-4pm
Or by email at email@example.com
- Go to the Portland Revenue Bureau website
- Select Create PRO Username
- Review the Instructions and then click “Next“
- Under Do you expect to file/pay Portland Taxes for yourself or your business? select “Yes”
- Under Account Type select your account type as “Business Tax” and when asked to choose an account verification select “Business ID and Recent Tax Information”
- Under Account Verification select the ID Type that matches your existing business entity typeFor most drivers you currently have a Sole Proprietorship business entity, so under ID Type select “SSN“
- Under Enter your ID enter your “Social Security Number” and then Confirm your ID again on the next line
- Check the box that states “Business Tax Account ID does not start with BZT” Input your current 6 digit Portland Business License number when asked “Enter your Business Tax Account ID”Follow the prompt at the bottom and provide your “Net income from the most recent combined business tax filing”(For those that have not filed their taxes with the city leave this amount at 0.00)
- Select Next
- Complete all required fields under Profile, Security, and Primary Phone Number.
- Select Next
- Review the accuracy of your information and click “Submit” to complete your account creation. Once your account has been created you can now login to obtain your updated Portland Business License.
- Navigate back to the main page here log in.
- Your account number will be displayed in the Business Tax section. It is 14 characters – it will start with BZT- and be followed by 10 Digits